Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Leadership Tuesdays: Conquering Fear...Yehuda Berg

“It's our own small voice within that is our oppressor; it says we are not worthy and not powerful enough. Our limited beliefs are the real foes we need to fight and conquer.”

Yehuda Berg




Every other Tuesday, womenatliberty.com provides a platform for a variety of voices and resources to develop, encourage, and strengthen women leaders. Today's Leadership Tuesdays' post features an article in Forbes by Kathy Caprion @KathyCaprino on Twitter.com ), The Most Common Reason People Fail To Pursue The Best Opportunity In Front Of Them.


Women too often discount their abilities and themselves. There is a difference between a person being braggadocios and prideful, and a person exuding confidence in their abilities and experience. We must be willing to encourage each to take risks and support each other as we step out of our comfort zones. Without stretching for new goals and opportunities, we will never expand our view of what's possible.

Kathy Caprino explains how we often describe our fears in this quote: 

In my work helping professional women build exciting, rewarding careers they love, I’ve heard this one fear expressed literally more times than I can count. It comes out in many different forms and ways, but here’s what it often sounds like:

“I’m not sure I have the skills or leadership experience to do this.”

“I don’t think I’m quite ready.” 

“This big of a stretch will really stress me, I think.” 

“I don’t know if I can really succeed at this.” 

“I’ll need a lot of help with this and where would I get that help?” 

“I have some of the required skills, but not all of them.”
 

This article gives advice on some of the questions you should ask yourself to help identify your fears and overcome them. Here's to a successful 2015! For more information on Leadership Tuesdays, click here. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment