Monday, August 31, 2015

Being Thankful and Positive...Serena Williams

It's important to know your history...

When asked how she felt about Maria Sharapova earning more money in endorsements than she, the #1 Women's Tennis Player in the world replied: 

"If they want to market someone who is white and blond, that’s their choice. I have a lot of partners who are very happy to work with me. I can’t sit here and say I should be higher on the list because I have won more. I’m happy for her, because she worked hard, too. There is enough at the table for everyone. We have to be thankful, and we also have to be positive about it so the next black person can be No. 1 on that list.

Maybe it’s meant to be the next person to be amazing, and I’m just opening the door. Zina Garrison, Althea Gibson, Arthur Ashe and Venus [Williams] opened so many doors for me."*

--Serena Williams, #1 Women's Tennis (in the world), as of August 2015



*Source: Serena Williams Has The Perfect Response To Maria Sharapova Endorsement Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment